We are adding to our team this spring! New for 2019 is a Grade 4-7 team that will be an introductory team to track and field. Athletes will attend 6 practices through May and June and get to take part in one competition at the University of Manitoba at the end of June!
We feel that with our offering in combination with some of the track and field events that happens at school that this will give young athletes an opportunity to experience and try track and field without having to make too serious of a commitment. Not only that, we get to have a lot of FUN too!
Space is limited to only 15 spaces this year and the roster will be filled on a first come first served basis. Parents, we do respectfully request that your little athlete show a keen interest in the sport of track and field or maybe just in running!
Practices + Competition
- Six practices are planned for Sunday at 6:30pm on the track at NACI
- May 5th, 12th, 26th, June 2nd, 9th and 16th. Practices could be cancelled or rescheduled due to weather.
- Athletes will compete at the Provincial Age Class Championships at the University of Manitoba on June 21st and 22nd.
- Bryce Koscielny – Director and Head Coach, Prairie Storm Athletics
- Ben Perrett – University of New Brunswick commit – 200/400/800m specialist
- Taine Middleton – University of Manitoba commit – sprint specialist
- Daxx Turner – Provincial U18 Triple Jump Record Holder
- Lara Denbow – National U16 High Jump Champion
and more members of Prairie Storm Athletics!
- The cost of the team will be $45. This will include a Prairie Storm Athletics t-shirt.
- Each athlete will be responsible for their own costs associated with competition. This will include event registration and all costs associated with travel, accommodations and meals at the competition.
- Historically event registration averages about $10-$15 per event plus a weekend Athletics Manitoba membership of $10.
To secure your spot on the team all fees must be paid in full by April 1st, 2019.
THE TEAM IS NOW FULL. To be added to the waiting list please email email@example.com with the subject: waitlist